A bunch of people have expressed interest in how this image was created.
Here it is in 7 easy steps
1. Get a drawing of Witchblade from UberGeniusPenciler, Marc Silvestri.
2. Figure out your lighting with a quick color sketch.
Also...What the hell are you going to do with all that white space in the BG.
Oh...btw...this is going to be the cover for a ginormous art book featuring 10 years worth of TopCow art sooooooo......DON'T FUCK IT UP.
3. Start painting the soft sexy bits.
4. Spend entirely too much time building the WitchBlade gauntlet in Maya....Then...spend entirely too much time detailing and rendering it in
5. Try desperately to figure out how to make the 3d model blend decently with the Photoshop work. Send it off to the editors at TopCow.
Shit...they don't dig it
They want more 'energy'. One editor suggests blowing leaves. Turns out, its a GREAT idea
6. Find a nifty leaf.
7. Drop the leaf in and do some other stuff to add energy.
The editors dig it...and MOST IMPORTANTLY...Silvestri digs it!!!
End of Process